Family Medical Therapies
Chattanooga House Calls for Individual Patients
We fully understand how stressful, expensive and difficult it can be at times to leave your house to go to the doctor’s office for a visit. Why not let the doctor come to you instead?
We provide patients in Chattanooga with medical house calls as a primary or interim care physician to treat non-emergency, urgent care conditions, or acute and chronic conditions.
Family Medical Therapies house medical call services and practice has board-certified clinicians on staff who specialize in geriatric and internal medicine. All of our house call clinicians have experience with post-operative, palliative, geriatric, chronic, acute and urgent care, and are dedicated to changing the delivery of medical care.
Our visiting nurses and physicians provide transitional and primary medical care in the homes of adult patients of every age and who have a broad range of geriatric, acute and chronic conditions in the city of Chattanooga and surrounding areas.
Here at Family Medical Therapies, we treat patients with numerous acute or chronic conditions where ongoing medical care management is required, as well as patients who simply don’t feel well and are in need of some quick medical attention that doesn’t require them to spend endless hours sitting in a doctor’s waiting room.
Most patients do request that we be Primary Care Providers for them (which we will happily do), and there are others who have an immediate condition and need to be visited and cared for one time. Our house call staff, either way, will come to you provide high-quality at home medical care to you.
We are currently providing care to patients who live in the Greater Chattanooga and Metropolitan Chattanooga areas, in addition to patients who live in the surrounding counties of Hamilton, Bradley, Polk, McMinn, Marion, Sequatchie, Bledsoe, Rhea, and Meigs.
Patients who receive care from Family Medical Therapies are provided with access to the entire spectrum of our primary care medical services so that they don’t have to spend a lot of time sitting in a doctor’s waiting room.
FMT Home Care is ideal for:
- Primary Care for Homebound Patients
- Interim Care for Acute and Urgent Conditions
- Home Health, Hospice and Social Services Coordination
- Physician Practices Looking to Extend Their Care
Our practice offers comprehensive medical management and preventive care for patients:
- Strep throat
- Palliative Care
- Urinary Tract Infection
- Gastro-Intestinal Disease Management
- General internal medicine
- High blood pressure
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Chronic Pain Management
- Rheumatologic Conditions and Arthritis
- Endocrine Disorders
- Foot Exams
- Chronic respiratory failure including Tracheotomies and Ventilator Management
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Acute Myocardial Infarction (AMI)
- Joint Replacement e.g. knee and hip
- Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG)
- General Surgeries and Hospitalizations (internal medicine,
gynecology, cardiorespiratory, cardiovascular, and neurology services)
- Safety Assessments
- Depression and Anxiety
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Alzheimer, dementia, stroke, Parkinson’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis and other neurological disorders
- Wound Care and Pressure Ulcers Management
We coordinate the following services through high-quality, reliable providers:
- Home nursing services and home health aids
- Phlebotomy (blood draws) and laboratory services
- Mobile diagnostics and Imaging including X-Rays (digital radiography), 12 lead electrocardiograms (EKGs), ultrasound, mammograms and pacemaker checks
- Pharmacy and prescription management services (medications delivered to your home)
- Durable medical equipment such as walkers,
wheel chairsand more
- IV therapy, such as antibiotics and other medications
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy and social work services
- Oxygen and respiratory therapy
- Personal and companion care
Costs and Payment
For most homebound patients the covered medical services, labs and diagnostic imaging are paid by your insurance provider.
In addition to covered services, we will assess each patient a trip fee of $50 for visits within our core service area. We often see patients outside of our core service area but calculate their trip fees based on transit time and distance, and is provided to you when scheduling an appointment.
No insurance or not homebound. No problem.
You can pay us directly, and file a claim with your Health Plan. Visits start at $99 plus applicable trip fees and we accept checks and all major credit cards.